POST-ACUTE CARE LIAISON, HOSPICE, FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 9073-977 Date posted 02/27/2020
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare. From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Post-Acute Care Liaison coordinates referrals and admissions for the Post-Acute Care Services Division; develops and nurtures positive relationships with potential patients/families and internal and external referral sources; generates new referral sources; promotes awareness of Post-Acute Care Services in the community; serves as a role model and provides expertise on Post-Acute Care programs within PIH Health; and provides a smooth transition for patients and families by coordinating care with case managers, nursing staff, social workers, physicians and vendors.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Computer skills
- Verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Organizational, prioritization and time management skills.
- Compassionate and empathic with strong listening skills.
- Knowledge of Post-Acute Care, including regulatory requirements, Medicare Conditions of Participation, Standards and model of care.
- Knowledge of third party payers, medical insurance and managed care processes.
- Creative, motivated, goal oriented and able to complete assignments independently.
- BS Social Work, Marketing or Business
- Two years of experience in referral development as an Admissions Coordinator or Liaison at a Post-Acute Care facility
- Current California Driver's license and valid auto insurance
- MSW or MBA.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English
- Marketing and sales experience
- Knowledge of Post-Acute Care programs including Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRF), Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF), Home Health, Palliative Care and Hospice
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V