Registered Nurse (RN) Hematology/Oncology, Full Time, DaysApply Now Hospital Name PIH Health Physicians Location Whittier, California Job Type Full-Time/Regular Job ID 16611 - 977 Date posted 08/10/2022
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Registered Nurse provides expert professional nursing care; assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the care rendered to patients with urgent, emergent or potential health problems; utilizes knowledge of basic nursing principles, practices, ethics and concepts; participates in the organization and management of the practitioner’s practice; maintains positive relationships with patients, family members and other visitors, and fellow employees.
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety
- Principles of patient/family teaching
- With consideration of age, utilize the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological educational, and environmental needs of the patient/family when administering care
- Accuracy in maintaining medical records
- Strong computer skills
- Honest, dependable, conscientious
- Management skills that emphasize mentoring, training and team building
- Current Unrestricted California RN Licensure
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
- Prior experience in ambulatory care nursing (recommended)
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V