REGISTERED NURSE, WOUND HEALING CENTER (WHITTIER) FULL TIME, DAYSApply Now Job ID 7889-977 Date posted 07/10/2019
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
Under the direction of the Nurse Manager, the RN Wound Specialist is responsible for providing direct patient care in conformity with recognized nursing procedures and established standards of patient care in the Wound Healing Center. Using case management skills, manages all nursing aspects of patient care in the clinic and supports the philosophy of PIH Health and the Wound Healing Center to provide superior patient service.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills with patients, staff and physicians.
- Professional and appropriate in communicating with staff, physicians, patients and visitors.
- Knowledge of age appropriate adult learning principles and the ability to teach and develop an effective patient education program.
- Knowledge of general nursing theory and practice including but not limited to asepsis and sterile-technique principle of body mechanics, medication administration.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with interruptions and varied work demands.
- Ability to plan and organize workload.
- Must have a current California RN License
- Two (2) years of nursing experience in acute care setting
- Experience in ambulatory care setting highly desirable.
- Valid BLS CPR certification from the American Heart Association
- Bilingual English/Spanish is strongly preferred
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V