RN, PIH Health, Hospice Admission Whittier, Full Time, DaysApply Now Job ID 73312 Date posted 11/29/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
The RN Hospice Admission Liaison coordinates referrals and admissions for the Post-Acute Care Services Hospice Division; provides a smooth transition for patients and families by coordinating care with case managers, nursing staff, social workers, physicians and vendors. Able to transition from start of care role to address the clinical needs of the patients after hours. Provides direct nursing care including: assessment, plan of care, education, and evaluation for patients certified as having a terminal illness who have elected the Hospice benefit. Performs patient duties necessary to maintain the flow of patient care as well as coordinates the delivery of care provided by other care team members and disciplines provides supportive care to the patient, family and/or significant others and is responsible for responding to all of their needs after business hours, holidays, and weekends.
- Written and verbal communications, interpersonal skills.
- Clinical knowledge to assist patients with terminal care needs.
- Basic organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Patient assessment.
- Clinical education related to specialty.
- Principles of patient/family teaching.
- Knowledge of Hospice Condition of Participation.
- Ability to drive to and from scheduled appointments, maintains valid California Driver’s license.
- Current California RN license
- Current Basic Life Support Card
- Valid California Driver's license and automobile insurance.
- A minimum of (1) year experience as a professional nurse
- Medicare Certified Hospice experience
- Public Health Nurse and Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse