Sr. Clinical Laboratory Scientist - (Full-Time/Days) - $2,500 Sign-on BonusApply Now Job ID 10958-977 Date posted 12/14/2020
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Whittier Hospital, PIH Health Downey Hospital and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to WorkTM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Under the direction of the Laboratory Supervisor, the Sr. Clinical Laboratory Scientist oversees the operation of the assigned section. Performs all laboratory testing and related duties, assists with procedures, operations, equipment maintenance/ selection/ validation and quality control, and provides leadership within the assigned section.
- Technical skills in laboratory science
- Working knowledge quality control rules
- Precise with details and organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of regulatory standards (CLIA, DHS, CAP)
- Writing and technical writing skills
- Problem solving ability
- California Clinical Laboratory license (CLS) or National Medical Technologist license (MT, ASCP)
- Five (5) years previous CLS experience within the specific section in an acute care hospital preferred