Surgery Charger, PIH Health Hospital Whitier; Data Control, On-call, 6amApply Now Job ID 12042-977 Date posted 06/07/2021
PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation’s Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation’s top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM. For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
The Surgery Charger is responsible for accurately capturing all chargeable GI Lab, operating room and recovery services and items for surgical patients.
- Detail oriented
- Must have a basic knowledge of anatomy and medical terminology
- Proficiency with computers required
- A high level of professionalism, integrity and effective communication skills is needed for interaction with physicians and hospital staff
- High School graduate
- Understanding of basic CMS rules and regulations concerning charging practices as well as APC’s preferred.
- Surgical technician experience, related area, or equivalency.
- Knowledge of Access Manager, EMD, SIS
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V